Nuclear Component Certification
Certification of an organization's quality assurance program in accordance with Section III of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) for components installed in nuclear facilities.
Start an application or check your application status online using CA Connect.Learn How to Start a Certificate Application
About the ASME Nuclear Component Certification Program
ASME has played a vital role in supporting the nuclear power industry since the first publication of the ASME BPVC, Section III, "Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components" in 1963. The commencement of the ASME Nuclear Certification Program in 1968 has only strengthened that support.
N-type Certificates of Authorization issued by ASME signifies that a Certificate Holder has been through a rigorous survey to verify the adequacy and effective implementation of the quality assurance program. The N-type Certificates of Authorization allow Certificate Holders to certify and stamp newly constructed components, parts, and appurtenances used at a nuclear facility with the Certification Mark in accordance with Section III of the ASME BPVC. The Society issues six different N-type certificates, and an owner's certificate that authorizes the following scope of activities:
- N - Vessels, pumps, valves, piping systems, storage tanks, core support structures, concrete containments, and transport packaging
- NA - Field installation and shop assembly of all items
- NPT - Parts, appurtenances, welded tubular products, and piping subassemblies
- NS - Supports
- NV - Pressure relief valves
- N3 - Transportation containments and storage containments
- OWN - Nuclear power plant owner
Start an application or check your application status online using CA Connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions.
Locate ASME Certified Companies
Search for a certified company.
Obtain copies of forms.